KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

PATRICK WOLF - EL MOCAMBO CONCERT, TORONTO:





















Photo copyright KulPop

I have read a lot about British singer/songwriter wunderkind Patrick Wolf on a variety of music blogs, and downloaded a handful of tracks. When I heard he was doing a last minute solo show in Toronto (he's opening for Amy Winehouse tonight and tomorrow) I decided to go. I wasn't sure what I would think about his music but knew he would put on an interesting performance, which he did.

Patrick joined his 4 piece band on stage with lots of glitter on his face and chest and started the show with 'Wolf Song' (my guess at his setlist is listed below). Patrick underwent a variety of outfit changes as seen in the photos I've posted (including a stint in just his silver underwear). He mentioned the last time he played Toronto (4 years ago) he was just falling in love and that his return visit was bringing up a variety of memories from that stage in his life. Patrick and band put on a great show although at times it was hard to hear the vocals in the mix (I gathered Patrick wasn't overly thrilled with the sound as he mentioned wanting to start a charity to help supply clubs with monitors etc. with decent high end). I had to rush out to make it down to the Arctic Monkey's gig, but I gather he came out and played an encore.

Patrick Wolf may never become a huge worldwide success, but I'm guessing that is not his game plan anyway. He is definitely a great performer and knows how to keep an audience interested in what he is doing. Check out his MySpace site to listen to some of his music, and if you like what you hear check out a live show if you get the chance.

Here is a video clip on YouTube of his Amy Winehouse cover of Back To Black from the El Mo show.













































































Photos copyright KulPop


Patrick Wolf El Mocambo May 11th 9pm

Intro
Wolf Song
Tristan
Get Lost
Bluebells
Overture
To The Lighthouse
Pigeon Song
The Libertine
The Childcatchr
Back To Black (Amy Winehouse cover)
The Stars
The Magic Position

Encore: ??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home