KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

JONATHA BROOKE RELEASES HER NEW CD, IN STORE APPEARANCES:















The new Jonatha Brooke cd titled ‘Careful What You Wish For’ is released in the U.S. next week. Jonatha has some in store performances coming up, check her website for more info.

I’m not doing a full review of the new cd but I will say that I am somewhat disappointed in it. There are a few standout tracks – Keep The River On Your Right, Hearsay and I’ll Leave The Light On, but overall I feel it isn’t her best work. When I heard she was working with Eric Bazilian (The Hooters) again I was hoping for more tracks similar to ‘Less Than Love Is Nothing’ (a song they wrote together that was on Jonatha’s last studio album ‘Back In The Circus’), but no such luck. The link below if for the yesteryear dance remix of the track ‘Baby Wait’ from the new cd that is worth checking out if you are a fan.

Baby Wait yesteryear Remix (click on the speaker icon to hear it)

BUY Jonatha Brooke Careful What You Wish For CD

3 Comments:

Blogger PDXKevin said...

I completely disagree with you. This CD is actually very solid. It's reminiscent of "Steady Pull", with a full sound, many rock numbers, amazing bass lines, and great vocals. Other standouts: "Forgiven", "Prodigal Daughter" and "Never Too Late For Love."

This CD kicks butt.

8:23 AM  
Blogger KulPop said...

Thanks for the comment. I've just listened to the new cd again and I'll stick with my original thoughts. It is a good album, just not her best in my opinion. You can listen to samples from the new album on her website, I encourage everyone to check it out.

Jonatha is one of my all-time favourite singers and I recommend that people listen to her impressive catalogue of albums if you aren't familiar with her music and don't ever miss the opportunity to see her live in concert as she always puts on a fantastic show.

9:01 AM  
Blogger xolondon said...

I really have not been so in to her recent work. I loved the harmony stuff on Plumb and, to a lesser extent, the !0 Cent album. Since them I am a little ambivalent. A friend of mine dealt with her in a business context in 2006 and came away with 2 juxtaposing images- 1) she is married to a swaggering, expensively suited lawyer and 2) she had to drive her own self to shows all over Europe (or somewhere like that) last year.

She's cool though - she represents a new kind of artist working hard to make it in a fekked up industry

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home