KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

GREAT TRACK BY AUSTRALIAN BAND 'DECODER RING':

















I hadn't been to a used cd store in a while but stopped by one today and picked up an interesting sampler cd from the Bella Union record label for 55 cents as it had tracks by Fionn Regan and Midlake on it. I tend to scan through these samplers quickly in case something jumps out and in this case I discovered a cool downtempo track by the band Decoder Ring called Somersault. I checked out their website and MySpace sites to get a bit of info and it appears this song is featured in a movie of the same name (Since its debut in Australia in late 2004, “Somersault” has gone on to become the country’s most critically-acclaimed film of all time, winning 13 AFI awards (the Australian OSCARS), including best music.) Not sure what the status of the band is right now, check out their sites for more info.

If you like Dido or Sia you will most likely like this track, check it out.

Decoder Ring - Somersault MP3

BUY Decoder Ring - Somersault O.S.T. CD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home