KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

THE DAY iTUNES 7 KILLED THE MUSIC:















I'm really annoyed with Apple computers these days after they basically forced me to download iTunes 7 and it has screwed up my music library. Because they weren't allowing me to access the iTunes Music Store with my well trusted iTunes 6 I reluctantly downloaded iTunes 7 to my Mac Mini. It froze up the computer and wouldn't function properly. As I have a 4th Generation iPod (no need for videos or album artwork) I called them up to see about reloading iTunes 6. They told me what files to trash and I downloaded iTunes 6 again. Then it wouldn't accept my playlist because it had been created by a newer version of iTunes. So I deleted it and redownloaded iTunes 7 and all of my music and playlists and purchased music is gone, there is absolutely nothing in iTunes. I realize the music is still in my computer, but the effort to transfer everything back into iTunes and re-rate the songs and recreate playlists will be a real time waster.

If anyone has any advice on how I can recover my playlists and ratings etc. please leave a comment with help. As my computer no longer is covered by their AppleCare service they want me to spend money for them to solve the problem caused by their software. I'm certainly not going to connect my iPod to my computer in case I lose everything on it also. So I can't listen to my iTunes on my computer and my iPod will remain with no way to add new music to it until this problem is solved.

On a more positive note I recently received the Universal Poplab cd titled 'Uprising' and it is very good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I wish I could help you, but I'm not techy at all...I hope it all works out, though!

I don't know why I hadn't considered buying that Universal Poplab CD yet--I've got two songs from it and really like both of them. I may have to go listen to the preview clips, but, if you say it's really good, I think I might go order it!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home