KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

MEETING PAOLO NUTINI, TORONTO CONCERT:


















Photo Copyright KulPop


Scottish rising star Paolo Nutini was in Toronto this past week to promote his debut CD 'These Streets'. I met him after he performed 'New Shoes' live on a TV show. He came across as somewhat shy but chatted briefly and signed my copy of his cd.

Later that day I went to his show at The MOD Club on College Street in Toronto. In the line I saw a couple of the cast of 'Degrassi: The Next Generation' waiting to go in. Then I saw them walk away, I guess they didn't have tickets and didn't realize it was a sold out show. I ended up right up at the stage and had a great view for the entire gig.

Paolo came out to huge cheers and performed most of the tracks from 'These Streets' and did a cover of the Jeff Buckley song 'Dolphins'. He played for about an hour and left the stage after performing one of my favourite tracks 'Jenny, Don't Be Hasty'. I could see the set list and he was down to play two songs for an encore (including a cover of Amy Winehouse's hit 'Rehab'), but despite the loud cheers Paolo never returned to the stage. The crowd loved the gig, it appeared there were lots of young girls there that must like Paolo, in fact I heard one girl yell that she wanted to 'Suck his $%*&', what a crude display that was. He came across as somewhat stoned on stage and I wasn't sure if that was just his rock star act.

Hard to say what will happen to Mr. Nutini, possibly a flash in the pan, maybe he will have a career in music that will last more than a couple of years, only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

He was really freaked out at the Weller show in Jan. Would not look at the audience. He's really young and I cringe at the amount of drugs that boy is likely being offered.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home