KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

IMOGEN HEAP - MASSEY HALL, TORONTO, NOVEMBER 8TH, 2006:






















Back for her third concert in Toronto Imogen Heap and band put on another great show. The venue was the biggest Immi has played in here and it looked fairly well attended. After two opening acts and a small intermission the house lights went down and the crowd went wild as Imogen appeared in an amazing dress with furry accessories and an fantastic hairdo (see photos). It was nice to see Imogen have a large stage to dance about on (which she did for a few of the songs). The lighting setup is also much larger and the new perspex piano looks great on stage. (the photo below is not from the Toronto show)















There were some technical glitches in the first few songs but Imogen kept the crowd amused with banter until the problems were fixed. I felt the show didn't really kick into gear until they played Closing In. The highlight of the night for me was the amazing version of Daylight Robbery they did as the second encore song.

After the show I spoke to Imogen briefly and got my Immi mouse pad signed. I mentioned that I thought Daylight Robbery was amazing and she said it is the song they really get to rock out on and have fun with. I asked if there would be another tour and she said that the record was nearing the end of its run (as far as promoting it), so it sounds like this will be the last tour for this cd. So if you haven't gone to see Immi live you better catch her this time around as it may be a while before she releases her next cd and tours with it.

Set List:

Intro Music
I Am In Love With You
Just For Now
Headlock
Loose Ends
Let Go
Clear The Area
Closing In
Come Her Boy
Goodnight & Go
Speeding Cars
The Walk
Have You Got It In You

Encores:
Hide & Seek
Daylight Robbery (best song of the night!)
The Moment I Said It

Imogen Heap - Headlock (High Contrast Remix edit) MP3

BUY Imogen Heap cds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home