KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I HEARD IT BACK IN 1999 ON THE SHOW 'GET REAL':














These days many prime-time television shows take advantage of playing a variety of music during their program. Shows like 'The O.C.' and 'Grey's Anatomy' have made it a large part of their viewing experience and have released a number of cds featuring the music used in the show.

Back in 1999 FOX aired a series called 'Get Real' that featured Jon Tenney, Debrah Farentino, Anne Hathaway, Eric Christian Olsen and Jesse Eisenberg as the Green family. It was a fairly well written family drama that unfortunately didn't make it past one season. During an outdoor birthday party scene in one episode a song came on that caught my ear as some guests had fun jumping on a trampoline. I investigated and found out the track was called 'Alive' by a singer named 'Jennifer Brown'. I picked up her cd 'Vera' and have often enjoyed coming back to this feel good track. It looks like she released a second cd titled 'Home' in 2003 but I haven't heard it. Available for a limited time for download is an MP3 of Alive, I hope you like it.

Jennifer Brown - ALIVE MP3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home