KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

THE FEELING PLAY THEIR FIRST CANADIAN CONCERT - AMAZING!:

















I had the great pleasure of seeing The Feeling live in Toronto last night. They put on an amazing energy filled live set that proved they should have been the headliners (instead of The Fray). In the lineup to get into the gig I did mention to some teenage girls that they will really like the opening band and that I thought they were better than the headliners. If they didn't agree with me after seeing the concert they don't know their music.

I was also lucky enough the meet all the guys in The Feeling after their set as they came out in the entrance area of the Kool Haus to meet their fans. I heard Dan talking about how much he enjoyed visiting Las Vegas, and they all seemed eager to break into the North American market once the album is released here. They were all very nice and I even managed to get my picture taken with them before heading in to give The Fray a listen (they didn't impress me, somewhat boring and the songs tend to all sound the same).

















The good news is The Feeling will be on tour in North America in March 2007 when Interscope finally releases 'Twelve Stops And Home'. I picked up a cool 2 disc promo package of the Sewn cd single and a DVD of the Sewn music video at a shop in the U.S. and on it the label says the album will be out in September 2006 but I guess the record company decided to delay the release. I just hope that the label over here gives the disc the proper promotion it deserves as it is definitely one of the best records of 2006. A great band that deserves to be huge around the world.

Setlist: The Feeling , Kool Haus , Toronto , October 21st, 2006

(Intro music)
I Want You Now
Helicopter
Never Be Lonely
Anyone
Rose
Fill My Little World
Sewn
Join With Us
Love It When You Call

2 Comments:

Blogger D'luv said...

KulPop, how have we never crossed paths before? I saw your comment on Paul's site about The Feeling, and couldn't wait to check out your post...

Here in L.A., since they did a small club on their own (without The Fray), they got to play more songs. They did "Strange" in their set, and after "Join With Us" came out and did one song as an encore -- "Blue Piccadilly."

I got to meet them, too, and blogged about it the other week. It was cool!

Anyway, I'm gonna add you to my blogroll...

x

6:30 PM  
Blogger KulPop said...

Hi J'ason,

Thanks for the comment and adding me to your blogroll. I'm hoping to put more time into my blog and make more music available in the coming weeks.

Cheers,

K

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home