KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ANOTHER MUSICAL DISCOVERY FROM A TELEVISION SHOW:





















I always enjoying discovering a new band or artist, sometimes this happens from hearing their music for the first time on a television show. In fact I think a job I would love is to be the musical supervisor on a TV show, I wonder how one gets into that line of work?

Last night on N.B.C.'s "Chuck" they ended the show with the song "Freeze And Explode" by "Cassettes Won't Listen". The song reminds me a bit vocally (and somewhat musically) of the Canadian band "Stars" with Torquil Campbell. Cassettes Won't Listen is actually one guy, New York based Jason Drake and he released a cd back in March of 2008 titled "Small-Time Machine" (order it here) and is working on a full album that should be released this year. He has also done an interesting cover of INXS's "Need You Tonight" on the Guilt By Association Vol. 2 release (you can listen to the cover at his MySpace). I found the MP3 of "Freeze And Explode" at this blog, check it out if you can.
.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lies. said...

i'm really glad that the person who does music for Chuck chose this song so i could fall in love with it too. :)

and thanks for making that connection - i knew jason drake sounded like another artist in my library!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home