KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Friday, February 06, 2009

THE RETURN OF BEN LEE:




















Ben Lee has just released his new album titled "The Rebirth Of Venus" (out on Feb. 10th in North America - there is a 2 cd limited edition version also) and it is a fantastic collection of pop songs (order it here). I remember him performing the songs "Surrender" and "I Love Pop Music" the last time I saw him live in Vancouver just over a year ago. Stand out tracks from the album are "Boy With A Barbie", "Families Cheating At Boardgames", "What's So Bad (About Feelin' Good)?" and the gentle "Rise Up". Up for a week is the song "Boy With A Barbie".

On December 29th Ben married girlfriend Ione Skye at a ceremony in India "under the divine gaze of Shakti Narayani Amma." Ben is busy with lots of projects and will hopefully have a large tour to promote the new cd.

Tonight (February 7th, 2009) Ben performs the song "Yoko Ono" on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (I wonder what word he will substitute F*#k with in the lyrics?)
.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Thnairg said...

Unfortunately, it looks like it's been delayed until April for those of us in the States. What's worse is I didn't find out about that until just a couple of days before I was expecting it in my hot little hands! "Arrrrghh!" to say the least! Strangely, though, I can't find any whispers on the web about WHY it was delayed so close to its release. Has anybody else been able to sniff out any info?

-T

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home