KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

VARIOUS BITS AND PIECES:


Howard Jones has announced that his 25th Anniversary (in the music biz) concert is set for September 20th at the at the O2 Indigo Arena in London (Jonatha Brooke plays there on March 25th). A visit to London is long overdue so I will have to decide if I'm heading over for a vacation and to take in Howard's concert. I was at his 20th Anniversary gig at Shepherd's Bush that is available to buy on DVD. Hopefully he will start to announce any special guests soon, last time there was Midge Ure, Nena and his old sidekick Jed Hollie.



It appears that Jonatha Brooke has been working on a project that may result in a full album of songs she has written using the lyrics of Woody Guthrie after going through his massive archives. She is due in the studio this month with Bob Clearmountain to start recording with a summer release planned. Not sure what I think about this but I will be interested to hear the results.

I read that Thomas Dekker, the young star of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has recorded two albums and is looking for a record deal to release the first one titled "Psyanotic". I checked out his MySpace site and can't say I was overly impressed with the songs up there. On the website it mentions that Simon Curtis makes a guest appearance on his second album titled "Protean", and the site lists an upcoming gig at The Viper Room in Los Angeles on March 4th.

Last week I heard the song "Life As A Soldier' by Toronto band illScarlett and liked the track. Check out their MySpace page to take a listen to this reggae tinged single. Buy illScarlett CD's

Adele's song "Chasing Pavements" is the free single of the week on Canada's iTunes.

If you haven't already please check out The Whip in my post below - you should as they have some great music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I find Thomas' music a "challenge" to say the least. It's not exactly accessible is it? I've heard the duet with Simon Curtis - it's called Narretez Pas, and it's unlike anything Simon has done. Kind of this ethereal acoustic ballad....

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home