KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Friday, January 25, 2008

VARIOUS BITS AND PIECES:













I'm started to get concerned about what appears to be the absolute lack of promotion for the forthcoming ABC album titled "Traffic". The ABC website mentions that it is due out in the U.K. on February 4th but I've yet to find a website that is selling the cd (or taking pre-orders). I recently emailed their management and never heard back. I don't know what label is releasing the cd or if Martin is pressing it up by himself. I remember speaking to the guy selling the merchandise at ABC's Toronto gig back in 2006 and he said they were waiting to try and get it released on a major label so it would be promoted properly, that doesn't appear to be the case.

I'm really enjoying the Tigercity track "Powerstripe" (from their EP "Pretend Not To Love") mentioned on lots of blogs recently, a great 80's feel, and the vocalist at times sounds like Gerald Eaton from the Canadian band "The Philosopher Kings".

Also liking the "Ghosts" cd "The World Is Outside" and the song "Dark Blue" by "Jack's Mannequin". You can check out the video for the song here.


















You have no doubt heard the song "Pictures Of You" (video) by "The Last Goodnight". I checked out their entire cd "Poison Kiss" and it is actually very good. They definitely have a Maroon 5/Blue October vibe, but on the song "Back Where We Belong " they remind me a lot of "The Feeling" out of the U.K. (MP3 up for one week, or check it out on their MySpace page).

Speaking of "The Feeling", they have a new look to their website and the release date for their new cd "Join With Us" nears in the U.K. (and will be released as a 2 cd limited edition version also). The bad news is that the album doesn't appear to be getting a North American release at the same time as the U.K. If the cd ends up not getting released in North America that will probably mean the chances of fans getting to see them in concert again over here is slim. I'm glad I was at their gig opening for The Fray in Toronto and that I got to meet them when I did as I may never have the chance again.

I've always enjoyed Matt Nathanson's work (he puts on a great live show) and like the song "All We Are" from his new album "Some Mad Hope", worth checking out. Click here to see Matt perform the song acoustically at a Borders store.













As far as the television landscape goes, I'm enjoying the "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" series, "Prison Break" is back as is "October Road", and we got two episodes of the quirky and fun "Chuck" this week, and looking forward to "Jericho" returning on February 12th. I may also check out "LOST" when it returns next week but I'm not sure if I will enjoy another season of it. I checked out the premiere episodes of two AMC shows last week, the Golden Globe winning "Mad Men" and the new series "Breaking Bad". To be honest neither of the shows grabbed me, I'll give them a few more episodes before I throw in the towel on them (it was nice though to see Northern Expsoure's John Cullum back on the small screen in Mad Men). I unfortunately saw a few minutes of what has to be the worst game show ever "The Moment Of Truth" on FOX this week, change the channel if it comes on your television screen.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Great writeup. Thanks for introducing me to The Last Goodnight. I just bought their album on iTunes.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home