KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

MAJOR NEW ARTIST ALERT - 'THE WHIP' FROM MANCHESTER:















I just discovered the electronic/synth stylings of Manchester U.K. band The Whip who have a new album titled "X Marks Destination" (due out March 24th) that has some great tracks that have a somewhat 80's influence throughout them. I've only had a chance to listen to the cd quickly and they could soon become a favourite as I like the album a lot. The cd was produced by Jim Abiss who has worked with other bands like the Arctic Monkeys and Editors (some definite Monkeys guitar sounds evident on some tracks).

The new single is the song 'Trash" but I prefer cuts like 'Sister Siam' (previous single), 'Dubsex' and 'Sirens' (which reminds me a bit of 80's Canadian band Strange Advance) - Sirens MP3 up for one week, be sure to check it out.

The band is touring in the U.K. with Simian Mobile Disco and are set to play SXSW in Austin in March and then return to the U.K. for more shows. Check out their MySpace site for tour dates and to listen to tracks from the album.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Eeleen Lee said...

thanx for the gig info on Niks Heyward and Kershaw. Summer festival season is already looking up!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home