KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

VARIOUS BITS AND PIECES:














Missy Higgins is a young Australian singer that I've heard things about over the last few years but never fully checked her music out. Her first album 'The Sound Of White' was released back in 2004 and she has a new album titled 'On A Clear Night' is due out in the U.S. on February 26th. I quite like the song 'Where I Stood' (MP3 up for 1 week) from her new album, it has appeared on several U.S. television shows recently. She is playing Vancouver in February so I may go to the show.

The ABC website now says their new cd "Traffic" will be out in March, it had previously listed February 4th as the release date in the U.K. If anyone is going to Martin's shows in Ontario in late February/early March please let me know, would like to hear about how they go and if any of them are filmed.

Green Gartside is busy working on the follow up to Scritti Politti's last album "White Bread Black Beer", as well as working with Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip on a collabrative project. No word on whether or not David Gamson and Fred Maher are involved as was alluded to in the past that they would all reunite on the next Scritti album.

If anyone out there happens to be in contact with Viv Tayler (Vivienne Tayler) in the U.K. (she may now have a different last name) who ran TeeFax in the 80's let me know, I hope she is well and enjoying life.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home