KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

SECOND SINGLES AND OTHER BITS & PIECES:















The Feeling are releasing 'Without You' - MP3 as the second single in the U.K. from their new cd 'Join With Us' (BUY IT HERE). I'm still trying to get into the album, it's solid but just doesn't seem to have the stand out tracks that their debut cd 'Twelve Stops & Home' had. Still no word on if the new cd will get a North American release.

The Last Goodnight are releasing the song 'Stay Beautiful' - MP3 as the second single from their debut cd "Poison Kiss' (BUY IT HERE). I'm really enjoying the cd and hope this will be another hit for them.

Not sure why Kylie Minogue is releasing the Janet Jackson sounding "All I See' from X as a North American single when 'Wow' seems like the obvious choice for her to return to the charts over here. Here is a link to the MP3 of the single featuring rapper MIMS doing his best to sound like Kanye West.

I'm enjoying the song 'Superstar'- MP3 by Lupe Fiasco featuring Matthew Santos (wasn't that Jimmy Smits character's name on The West Wing?).

A Fine Frenzy are returning to Vancouver for a headline show at the intimate 'Media Club', I hope to make it to the show. I met the beautiful Alison Sudol when they opened for Brandi Carlile and she was very kind and put on a great show (I hope they perform the track 'Lifesize' this time as they didn't last time). Check out their MySpace page to hear a remix of the song "Almost Lover" from their debut cd 'One Cell In The Sea' (BUY IT HERE).

Teitur has added a Seattle gig to his upcoming tour, still hoping for a Vancouver show.

Not sure why the band Chester French are getting a fair amount of blog hype, nothing I've heard from this band has impressed me that much.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ClickThis! said...

useless, pointless rap on the Kylie track - shouldnt have added it. Am I the only one to notice the Human League sample/riff?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

it doesn't surprise me that the feeling are going with Without You as the second single. It's quite lovely. I am obsessed with the title track however.

That Kylie remix is very "record company thinks this sounds american" if you know what i mean!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home