KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

NEW ABC ALBUM 'TRAFFIC' AND POSSIBLE CANADIAN SHOWS:












Sorry for the lack of posts, I was away for Christmas holidays and before that I was also pondering whether or not I should continue the blog as with no recent comments I doubt many people are reading it anyway. If I can get some extra time to make more frequent and hopefully interesting posts I will and hope people find the blog.

ABC (Martin Fry) is releasing the band's new album Traffic on February 4th in the U.K. with other countries to follow. The first single "The Very First Time' can be heard on the band's MySpace page and sounds great with many classic ABC strings in the mix. This shouldn't be surprising due to the fact that Gary Langan (who worked on The Lexicon of Love and Beauty Stab) produced the new record. The most intriguing note on the website is a live dates listing - February/March, 2008 Canada. I saw them in Toronto back in 2006 and they put on a great show.

UPDATE: Details on Martin's shows in Canada-

Feb 29th and March 1st Martin Fry will be appearing with an Orchestra performing ABC’s greatest hits in Ontario, Canada.
Location: Centennial Hall, London, Ontario with the Orchestra London Canada.

March 5th and 6th the show moves to Kitchener, Canada.
Location: Centre In The Square, Kitchener, Ontario with the Kitchener Waterloo Symphony.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SaNdMaN said...

Don't be discouraged by the lack of comments. I've stumbled upon your site because I'm a sucker for indie acoustic music and found that you may have the same taste in music as me. I don't have much time discovering new artists on my own - the ones I have, I discovered thru commercials (ie Jose Gonzales, Rhonda Stakich, Damien Rice, etc.)

10:43 AM  
Blogger ClickThis! said...

I hope these shows are filmed or recorded

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home