KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

IMOGEN HEAP LIVE IN TORONTO:





















Well I just got back from my second Imogen Heap concert and once again she put on a fantastic show. Her performance was more polished and she seemed much more comfortable on stage than the last show here back in January. It was nice to hear a few different songs from the last show in the city, 'Speeding Cars' the b-side from the 'Goodnight & Go' cd single was a nice addition, but she didn't perform 'Can't Take It In' from the Narnia soundtrack which I thought she would. She performed 'Hallelujah' (for only the second time live), and recounted her brush with the cookie box police in Knoxville which was a fun story. Imogen also mentioned she had been up late mixing some 'live' songs for iTunes Canada, so keep an eye out for those being available soon.

I hung around afterwards and was lucky enough to meet Immi again and got a few more things signed. Ryan Obermeyer who designed the 'Goodnight And Go' artwork was helping at the merchandise booth so I got him to sign my G&G cd single also. She was gracious with all the fans and everyone left feeling great I'm sure.

As a treat I'm making available 'Headlock' (Instrumental version) one of the tracks off 'Speak For Yourself' (this version is from a super rare music publishing cd of instrumental versions of SFY tracks). I doubt you will find this anywhere else on the net, so download it while you can. The entire shows set list is listed below also.

HEADLOCK (Instrumental version) - MP3 (HAS EXPIRED)

Set List:

Just For Now (acapella version)
Goodnight & Go
The Walk
Come Here Boy
Loose Ends
Speeding Cars (with Zoe Keating)
Headlock (with Zoe Keating)
Clear The Area
Let Go
Have You Got It In You? (with Zoe Keating)
Hide & Seek

Encores:
Hallelujah (acapella)
Daylight Robbery
The Moment I Said It

1 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

I love her live version of "Let Go" - where she samples herself at the end.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home