KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Friday, May 19, 2006

THE NEW TEITUR CD IS OUT IN DENMARK:



Teitur’s Rupert Hine produced ‘Poetry & Aeroplanes’ is still a favourite and a solid record from start to finish. I’ve been lucky enough to see him live several times and he always puts on a great show whether it’s solo acoustic or with his band.

Since Teitur’s direction on his new album wasn’t what the A&R lady at Universal who signed him liked, he is no longer with that major label. He has formed his own label Arlo and Betty Recordings (named after two of his two favourite Gibson acoustic guitars) and his new album ‘Stay Under The Stars’ was recently released in Denmark and is available to order from iMusic.



My copy arrived a few weeks ago and it is a nice record, but not as strong as P&A on first listen. I’m sure it will grow on me after more listens, it just didn’t blow me away as I had hoped it would. The first single ‘Louis Louis’ has gone to number one on the Faroe Islands (where he is from), and his manager has mentioned that they are trying to plan a North American tour that should happen this summer.

Teitur is a talented singer/songwriter (and a nice guy) who has garnered a decent following in North America after several tours and an opening slot for John Mayer. No news on a NA release date but I will post the news once it is confirmed. You can hear samples from ‘Stay Under The Stars’ at this Danish site (click on the small headphones icon and it will take you to the page.)

I also discovered a cool track by Teitur on iTunes called ‘Syner’, he sings in Danish and it is a must for any fan.

Once I figure out how to post some MP3’s on the blog I will, just not sure if I have the technology to do it properly or not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow i'm really hoping you figured out that mp3 conversion...

i've tried to buy that disc everywhere.

it's available on the denmark iTunes... but i can only buy it if my credit card is based from denmark!

so any help would be amazing.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home