KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

THE TALENTED AND BEAUTIFUL JONATHA BROOKE:





















One of my all time favourite singers is the beautiful and talented Jonatha Brooke. Back in 1995 I was invited to a showcase to see her perform at The Rivoli in Toronto and was an instant fan. I had been listening to her fantastic 'Plumb' cd and then saw this exceptional live concert. I've seen her many times since then, most recently I caught a special gig in New York City in March of 2004. She was having a five night run at the intimate Anspacher Theatre and once again she was amazing as was her band. They filmed one or two of the shows and plan to release a Live DVD soon.

My favourite track on her most recent album 'Back In The Circus' is 'Less Than Love Is Nothing'. Jonatha co-wrote the track with Eric Bazilian (The Hooters/Joan Osborne). The good news is that Jonatha and Eric have co-written some tracks together for her forthcoming album that she is recording with Bob Clearmountain in Los Angeles. Click HERE to go to her website where you can listen to samples of all the tracks on Back In The Circus.

When there are release dates for the live DVD and Jonatha's new studio album I'll be sure to mention it here.

1 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

Interstingly enough, my former roommate was with her this week for a work thing (JB came with her very rich looking lawyer hubby). She said she is releasing TWO CDs this year, but maybe my friend was confused about the DVD. She had been driving her own self around Europe opening for Joe Cocker. It's a dog's life!

I still play Plumb the most - all those harmonies flyin' all around! Nothing Sacred, Full Fledge Strangers, Is This All, Inconsolable, etc etc!

Sigh. no one is meeting me at my train either...

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home