KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

VARIOUS THOUGHTS- IMMI'S HALLELUJAH COVER:

Well I watched the season finale of 'The O.C.' to hear Imogen Heap's version of Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' as well as the new b-side 'Speeding Cars'. Cars received more airtime during the show, and I'll reserve judgement on her version of Hallelujah until I hear the full recording (supposed to be on the next O.C. soundtrack CD due out in the fall).

You can listen to a stream of Immi's version of Hallelujah by clicking the title.



Today I received a cd of Imogen Heap's 'Speak For Yourself' (one of my favourite records of the last year). The thing about the cd I got today is that it is a music publishing cd that actually features instrumental versions of most of the songs on the album.



I bought the new Keane single 'Is It Any Wonder?' from iTunes last night and it is growing on me. I've been waiting for the new album 'Under The Iron Sea' for quite a while and will be glad to get a copy on June 20th. I met the guys a few times at some of their Toronto shows and they are very nice (loved the acoustic gig at the Mill House Brewery before their Kool Haus show). I saw an ad for the new Keanu Reeves/Sandra Bullock movie 'The Lake House' on TV tonight, features the Keane track 'Somewhere Only We Know'.



I attended Howard Jones' 20th Anniversary concert at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London back in September 2003 and am happy to see that the 2 DVD recording of this amazing show has finally been released in North America by KOCH (due out in Canada in June).



TV News:
I was very disappointed to see that the new CW network (UPN & the WB combined) did not pick up 'Everwood' for another season. Everwood is one of the best shows on television today and I will miss it next season. Maybe another network will pick it up (wishful thinking, I know).

Upcoming releases:
I'm looking forward to the following new cd releases due out soon:

Pet Shop Boys - Fundamental
Keane - Under The Iron Sea
Scritti Politti - White Bread Black Beer
Howard Jones - Piano Solos Vol. 2
The Upper Room - Other People's Problems
Pheonix - It's Never Been Like That

Upcoming concerts:

Teddy Geiger - The Opera House
Imogen Heap - The Guvernment
ABC - Republik
Duncan Sheik - The Mod Club

4 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

Good taste there! Judging from your choices I would peg you to be closer to my age which Somewhere In My Thirties!

keep posting and I will keep reading...

7:54 PM  
Blogger xolondon said...

Good taste there! Judging from your choices I would peg you to be closer to my age which Somewhere In My Thirties!

keep posting and I will keep reading...

7:54 PM  
Blogger xolondon said...

PS Have you heard Laura Michelle Kelly's version of Somewhere Only We Know? It's quite nice.

7:55 PM  
Blogger KulPop said...

Thanks for your comments xolondon (your blog is great). I haven't heard that cover of the Keane track, I'll have to track it down.

Cheers,

K

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home