KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

YEAR END LISTS AND A FEW GOOD NEW SONGS:

I've never been one for year end lists of favourite albums and songs but below is my attempt at it for this year. To me it is hard to come up with a list of favourite albums these days because I rarely listen to an album all the way through anymore which makes it hard to appreciate the lesser known songs. My favourite list is my list of albums due for release in 2011, looking forward to a lot of cool new releases this year.

Before my lists I wanted to mention a few new songs that I really like that I discovered in the last few weeks:

Max Gold - Hold On
Jesse McCartney - One Night
Concept Store - Damn!
Duran Duran - -Girl Panic


Top 10 Albums for 2011:

Prefab Sprout - Let's Change The World With Music
Ellie Goulding - Bright Lights
Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History
Howard Jones - Ordinary Heroes
DVAS - Society
Fenech-Soler - Fenech-Soler
Bjørn Johan Muri - Airwaves
Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - The Golden Year
Darin - Lovekiller

Top songs of 2010:

Ice Cold - Echoes
Veronica - Tim & Jean
Come Around - Tim & Jean
Nothing Is For Real - Bjørn Johan Muri
Golden Train (The Royal Palms Remix) - Penguin Prison
The Worse It Gets - Penguin Prison
Not In Love (ft. Robert Smith) - Crystal Castles
Young At Heart (Visitor reMix) - Amy Meredith
A New Word To Say (James Yuill reMix) - Bright Light Bright Light
Cry At Films - Bright Light Bright Light
No Surrender - MadFox
If You Love Me - Joe McElderry
We're All Gonna Die (Have fun)(Diamond Cut Slow Jam Mix) - The Candle Thieves
You Never Leave LA - Teitur
Golden Sun - Fenech-Soler
Bone Will Break Metal - Ginger Ninja
Unspoken (Fred Falke reMix) - HURTS
Start A War - Colin Munroe
Fell In Love with an Android - Simon Curtis

Albums I'm excited to hear that are due for release in 2011

Spoons - Static In Transmission
Naked Eyes - Piccadilly
The Human League - Credo
Tim & Jean -
Penguin Prison -
Bright Light Bright Light -
Darren Hayes -
Keane -
The Feeling -
Frankmuzik -
Lo-Fi-Fnk -
Black Room -
My Friend The Chocolate Cake -
Colin Munroe -
The Gadsdens -
Scritti Politti - Best of (with new tracks) or a full album of new material
.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home