KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

VARIOUS BITS AND PIECES:


















Well where to start, I guess some thoughts on this week's MTV Music Video Awards:
1. The host was horrible, she shouldn't be allowed on TV let alone have her own talk show.
2. Pity most of the performances where lip-synched with a snippet of live microphone here and there.
3. Florence and the Machine were okay, I guess I just don't really like the song (at least she appeared to sing live).
4. I thought Curt Smith from Tears For Fears had the best Tweet about the show, it read:
"VMA's psych 101 - interesting that Taylor Swift wrote a forgiving song about @KanyeWest and @KanyeWest wrote a song about @KanyeWest also :)"

Really looking forward to the new Human League album. The title of the ninth studio album and new single from synthpop legends will be revealed on Monday September 20th.

Just came across a cool synthpop band out of the U.K. called Tenek. The duo has just released a new cd titled "On The Wire" and I'm really enjoying it and featured three songs from the album on my radio show this week.

I've been a big fan of Starsmith and a lot of the remixes he has done, and his song "Love In Two" was pretty good. I have to say his new single "Give Me A Break" just isn't that great, and if that is the direction he's going in I likely won't be buying his debut cd, pity.

Alphaville are back with a new single "I Die For You Today" and an album titled "Catching Rays On Giant" due out October 22nd.
.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger countpopula said...

Thanks for the info. The Alphaville single is IMMENSE! Can't wait for that Human League album either. The new OMD should be great too! That A-Ha swansong single was good as well. What a year for 80's comebacks!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Mimo Chic said...

waiting for your visit, and stay there! we ove here
hug
Lulu & Sol

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home