KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Friday, May 28, 2010

THE SPOONS OUTDOOR CONCERT - DUNDAS SQUARE, TORONTO:
















While I was in Toronto I discovered that The Spoons would be performing a one hour outdoor concert in downtown Toronto at the Dundas Square stage. It was part of Dairy Queen's 25th Anniversary of the Blizzard, a touring party that is stopping in 25 cities all across North America this summer. There was a lot of DQ hype before the gig and it looked liked many thousands of mini Oreo Blizzard's were handed out to eager Toronto residents. I got my Blizzard and made a donation to the The Children's Miracle Network.

The Spoons came on stage at 12 noon and played most of their hits in the hour long concert (set list below). The band fronted by Gord Deppe and Sandy Horne still sound great live and had the crowd dancing and enjoying themselves. The band is going to release an album of all new material this year (they recently saw their 1983 "Talkback" album get issued on cd for the first time). They played one of the new songs "Imperfekt" for only the second time live in concert and it sounded great. I had missed the band's recent 30th Anniversary concert in Toronto and was happy to be able to see them live outside on a nice sunny day. After the concert I noticed Gord and Sandy signing stuff for fans behind the stage so I went back and chatted with them and got my Talkback cd signed.




While at University I booked The Spoons and they played Convocation Hall in Sackville New Brunswick during the tour to promote their album "Bridges Over Borders". As a long time fan of the group it is great to see them still sounding great and working on releasing a new album.


















All photos copyright KulPop.



The Spoons - Dundas Square, Toronto, May 18th, 2010

SET LIST:

12:02 pm
Intro
Arias & Symphonies
Smiling In Winter
Romantic Traffic
Rodeo
Waterline
Bridges Over Borders
When Time Turns Around
Tell No Lies
Imperfekt (And Real) - new song
Old Emotions
One In Ten Words
Nova Heart
ended 1:00 pm
.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home