KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB - WRONG BAR, TORONTO CONCERT REVIEW:
















Ireland's Two Door Cinema Club ended their North American tour with a gig at The Wrong Bar in Toronto on Monday May 17th. I was lucky enough to get on the guest list to this sold-out show and arrived at the venue before the line up had begun. I noticed the band's bassist Kevin outside the venue so I approached him and chatted and got my copy of "Tourist History" signed by him. I was disappointed to find out that MillionYoung whom I had been looking forward to seeing had all their equipment stolen in Montreal the night before so they weren't performing, just Bad Viens as openers. I went and grabbed some supper and walked back to the venue as the line up of fans had just started. I looked back and saw Kevin and guitarist Sam leaving the venue to grab some food so I went back and got Sam's signature on my cd. Then lead singer Alex joined them on the sidewalk and I got his signature also.

I wasn't overly impressed with Bad Viens from Cincinati and patiently waited for TDCC. When the band came on stage (with the addition of a drummer) they played a tight set with all the songs from their debut album plus a few extra tracks. Highlights for me were "Do You Want It All", "Something Good Can Work", and "Come Back Home" (see full set list below). The band sounded great, my only complaint would be that the lead vocals seemed to get drowned out a bit, maybe it was due to where I was standing that was fairly close to the stage. The guys seemed genuinely happy about the sold out crowd and the amazing response they got, and said they would be back again soon. I could see them playing somewhere like The MOD Club or The Phoenix Club on their return.



Two Door Cinema Club Wrong Bar Toronto May 17th, 2010
with MillionYoung (cancelled) - Bad Viens opened

10:22 pm
1. Cigarettes In The Theatre
2. Undercover Martyn
3. Hands Off My Cash
4. Do You Want It All?
5. Something Good Can Work (got on video)
6. This Is The Life
7. Kids
8. Costume Party
9. You're Not Stubborn
10. What You Know
11. Eat That Up It's Good For You

11:00 pm
Encores:
12. Come Back Home
13. I Can Talk

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home