KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

PENGUIN PRISON RELEASES BEST SONG TO DATE:
















Penguin Prison (New Yorker Chris Glover) has been working on his debut album for a while and it will get released through the Neon Gold label later this year. He first caught my attention with his amazing (this is better than the original) remix of Erik Hassle's song 'Hurtful'. He's issued a bunch of songs but the new release "The Worse It Gets" is pure pop genius. It is like a combination of Naked Eyes and Zoot Woman, the best song I've heard in a while.

You can download the song at Asian Dan's blog, definitely worth having (not so keen on the ELOF remix, hopefully Starsmith will do a remix, or Pete Byrne from Naked Eyes should have a go). If this is the direction he moves in I will be first in line to pick up a copy of his debut cd. Hopefully Chris will see the power of Twitter and actually start posting some Tweets on what he is up to. He has a gig in New York City on May 8th, tempted to miss the 2nd a-ha concert I have a ticket to see and check out his live set.
.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

Just saw this AFTER I did a verrrrry similar post! Great minds think alike. ;)

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home