KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

VARIOUS BITS AND PIECES:





















Ordered my VIP ticket for Howard Jones' 25th Anniversary Concert in London England so I'm traveling there for a holiday in September. Will be interesting to see what special guests he lines up for the show, would be great to see percussionist extraordinaire Carol Steele back on stage with him, and Duncan Sheik there to sing their song 'Someone You Need'.

While I'm at it, maybe some of these artists could arrange to have gigs in London around the same time: Nik Kershaw, ABC, Nick Heyward, The Feeling, Keane, Imogen Heap, Captain, Scritti Politti, Lazenby, Lorraine, Lilac Time, The Human League, The Blue Nile, and Martin Ansell.

Boy George is touring and coming to Vancouver in July, playing the old Culture Club hits etc. Tickets are a bit expensive for me, but he is playing the great Commodore Ballroom, I'm sure it will be a cool show. Bought my ticket for Adele, it will probably be a sold out show. Also going to see Elbow and Air Traffic play at an old church this week.

Enjoying the new ABC cd Traffic, a bit disappointed with the lack of liner notes and less than stellar artwork, but as they say I guess it's about the music. I think my favourite track is 'Way Back When' (MP3) that reminds me a bit of Adam Ant (the 'Wonderful' era).

The new Juvelen cd '1' is musically quite interesting, I just can't say I'm a fan of the whiny/breathy vocal he tends to use. One exception is the song 'Everytime' (MP3) that reminds me a bit of the one man band 'White Town'.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home