KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

FIVE TIMES AUGUST & VARIOUS BITS AND PIECES:


I just discovered the band Five Times August who have just released a new cd titled 'Brighter Side' The band is really singer-songwriter Brad Skistimas from Dallas Texas. He just finished touring with Matt White and will be touring opening for Dashboard Confessional and Augustana in the coming months. Acoustic pop rock tracks make up the album, kind of Jason Mraz meets Matt Nathanson, the first single is 'The Good Life' - MP3 is up for one week. You can watch the music video for the single on YouTube. You can also listen to some more songs on Brad's MySpace site.

The auditions for 'So You Think You Can Dance Canada' start this coming week in Vancouver. Good news is that Mary Murphy from the U.S. version will be doing some guest judging, pity they couldn't have got her for the whole series. The worst news is that Much Music V.J. Leah Miller is hosting the series. I don't think she is very good the times I've seen her on the music video station, and a recent Spring Break special shot in Cancun really made me dislike her skanky personality. They have been running television ads for the series and auditions using the Tiga song 'You Gonna Want Me' that are cool (video on YouTube).

The cheapest place I've found to order the new ABC cd 'Traffic' is CD WOW for 8.99 pounds. I've never ordered from them before but may for this cd, free worldwide shipping also.

I've tried to upload the Alex Sadkin produced 12" version of The Thompson Twins single 'Lay Your Hands On Me' to YouSendIt but my MAC is always giving me a Safari error. Maybe they have something installed to make sure any iTunes M4A's can't be uploaded to file sharing sites, sorry XOLondon, I'll see if I can make it available somehow.

** UPDATE **

I tried again and was successful in getting the Alex Sadkin produced 12" version of The Thompson Twins single 'Lay Your Hands On Me' up for downloading, the MP3 should be there for a week, enjoy.

.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

Thanks for trying!

6:08 AM  
Blogger KulPop said...

I had success today, I hope you manage to download it.

Enjoy

KulPop

10:49 AM  
Blogger xolondon said...

Woot! Thanks so much...

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home