KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

THE BLUE NILE TO TOUR NORTH AMERICA IN EARLY 2007:





















Wow, first it was Scritti Politti and now U.K.'s The Blue Nile have announced a 12 date tour of North America. Luckily a Toronto date is included and I'm looking forward to the show. To celebrate this news I'm making available for download the remix of 'Tinseltown In The Rain' from the BBC Scotland television series 'Tinsel Town' soundtrack.

The Blue Nile - Tinseltown In The Rain (Remix) MP3

THE BLUE NILE 2007 AMERICAN TOUR DATES

ATLANTA variety playhouse 13th feb 8pm
ALEXANDRIA, VA birchmere 15th feb 7.30pm
PHILADELPHIA world cafe live (wxpn studios) 16th feb 7.30pm
NEW YORK concert hall-NY society/ethical culture 17th feb 8pm
BOSTON paradise rock club 18th feb 8pm
MONTREAL le national 20th feb 9pm
TORONTO mod club 21st feb 9pm
CHICAGO black orchid showroom 23rd feb
MINNEAPOLIS fine line music cafe 24th feb 9pm
SAN FRANCISCO palace of fine arts theatre 27th feb 8pm
LOS ANGELES avalon 1st march 8pm
ANAHEIM house of blues 2nd march 9pm

3 Comments:

Blogger Night Hawker said...

hey


I saw The Blue Nile Live earlier this year

Or rather, I saw a Paul Buchanan solo show, in Manchester. And rather wonderful it was as well. I'd been waiting most my life to see that concert and it didn't disappoint.

I see that the US tour is billed as The Blue Nile, as opposed to Paul Buchanan solo. I assume that is a commercial decision.

When I saw Paul Buchanan, Robert Bell was there, but PJ Moore wasn't and from what Paul said, PJ wasn't likely to be back.

Aside from this, I am worried about this US tour. It takes The BLue Nile so long to release new material, touring isn't going to to help forward me towards buying the follow up to High, is it.

3:33 PM  
Blogger xolondon said...

Okay, the VA location is within walking distance of my house! I am quaking with excitement! Thanks for the info...

6:04 AM  
Blogger Gateway2k said...

I am so upset, after purchasing my ticket for the Chicago show as well as plane ticket from Austin, I just got notified from ticket master that the concert has been canceled.
There's zero info on the official BN website as to why, but it appears that many of the other shows in the tour are also canceled so I assume it's a serious matter.
If there is any chance of that Tinsel Town remix mp3 again I'd be much obliged. It won't fix it, but it'll be nice to hear it again. Cheers.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home