KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

CHECK OUT LONDON'S 'SAM ISAAC' AND HIS SONG BEARS:



I hadn't heard of Sam Isaac until today after I found out it was his song "Bears" that was used at the end of last night's episode of "Chuck" on NBC. The vocals reminded me a bit of Rik Flynn from the U.K. band Captain. The song is the title track from the Bears album that Sam recorded in the summer of 2008 with Dan Swift who has worked with Snow Patrol and Aqualung. I've only had a chance to listen to his songs on his MySpace site and like what I hear.



He also has a connection to Canada, this from his bio "By the time he was in his teens, his restlessness drove him to run away to Canada, where he immersed himself in Montreal's burgeoning scene with the likes of Stars, The Dears, and Broken Social Scene. "Canada came at a point when everything was changing with my relationships and family," says Sam. "Running away to another part of the world and finding myself a new set of friends and surroundings was as romantic as it was inspiring."

James Yuill has done a great remix of Sam's song "Sticker Star And Tape" you can download it from James' blog here.

Bears should be available on your iTunes and can be ordered from here.
.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home