KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

NEW KEANE CD PERFECT SYMMETRY IS EXCELLENT:





















I've been a big fan of Keane since I first heard them and have been lucky enough to see them in concert many times and also chat with them on occasion. I've been waiting for the release of "Perfect Symmetry" and look forward to picking up the deluxe 2 CD edition when it is released on October 14th in Canada.

Listening to the record this morning I have to say there is definitely a change in sound for many of the songs including the already released 'Spiralling' and the first single 'Lovers Are Losing' and the Bowie sounding 3rd track 'Better Than This'. Then along comes the classic Keane sound on the title track 'Perfect Symmetry', and the grower 'You Don't See Me'. 'Again And Again' returns to the new sound followed by 'Playing Along'. Not having the chance to listen to my entire Keane collection for comparison I have to say that 'Pretend That You're Alone' has to be the funkiest track Keane has ever recorded, cool bass line and a horn section (probably synth horns I know). The album closes with two classic sounding Keane tracks 'Black Burning Heart' and 'Love Is The End'. "Perfect Symmetry" is a very strong record and should get Keane the good cd sales and sold out tours that they deserve.

Highlights: 'Lovers Are Losing', 'Pretend That You're Alone', 'Perfect Symmetry', 'You Don't See Me' and 'Again And Again'.
.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

i intend to listen to it today but i am hearing very.good.things about it so am quite excited :)

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home