KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

THE RETURN OF DAVID BRIDIE:





















One of my all-time favourite musicians David Bridie is returning with a new solo record (his first in five years) titled 'Succumb'. David is a founding member of the amazing Australian bands 'Not Drowning, Waving' and 'My Friend The Chocolate Cake'. He also does a lot of soundtrack work as well as being involved in a variety of good causes. He's got a new blog entry and it sounds like he hopes to keep updating it regularly which will be nice. Check out his MySpace page to take a listen to a new track titled 'So Many Lies', a sample of the rockier sound that dominates Succumb (four tracks also available to listen to on his website Audio Page). You can also download a track called 'The Healing' that didn't quite make the album here. The new cd is due out on in mid July and he has two gigs coming up in the next few days in Melbourne and Sydney.

I got into 'Not Drowning, Waving' back in 1993 when I won a trip to Australia at an advance screening of the great Australian film 'Proof' about a blind photographer that starred a young Russell Crowe and Hugo Weaving. I picked up the soundtrack to the film while I was in Sydney and had an amazing month long trip 'Down Under'. After that I started to pick up their entire catalogue as well as all the MFTCC releases as then David's solo releases. I was lucky enough to meet David when he was in Toronto promoting his solo release 'Act Of Free Choice', before a fantastic gig at the legendary Horseshoe Tavern. I look forward to ordering 'Succumb' and adding it to my collection.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home