KulPop

This is a music appreciation blog featuring a variety of Kul Pop music. Any MP3s and images on this site are for sampling and introductory purposes only. If you like what you hear please support the artist buy buying their music. If you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, email me. Or if you have any tracks or cds you want to get to me for possible addition to my blog please email me.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

A FINE FRENZY LIVE AT THE COMMODORE BALLROOM:





















I had the pleasure of seeing A Fine Frenzy live last night and briefly meeting the beautiful Alison Sudol, lead singer of said band. They were the opening act so they only played about 8 songs (and no Lifesize which was a bit disappointing). With the aid of her drummer and keyboard player (and laptop computer) they sounded great and the crowd seemed to appreciate them. Alison also performed a short version of her cover of Fever and talked about working with Sondre Lerche on the soundtrack to Dan In Real Life. I video taped that song, maybe I'll get it onto YouTube sometime down the line. I met Alison after their set at the merch table and she was very nice, signed the cd and got a photo which was cool.

VARIOUS BITS AND PIECES

Heroes continues to keep me interested although with so many new characters it may soon be even harder to keep track of everyone and what they are doing. I was happy to see the addition of Kristen Bell to the cast as Elle in last night's episiode as I was a fan of her last show Veronica Mars. Apparently she was courted by the producers of LOST to join the cast but didn't want to move to Hawaii where the series is filmed.

Of all the new series that debuted this season only a few are still on my what to watch list, those being Dirty Sexy Money (which has improved since the premiere episode), Cane, and surprisingly I'm still enjoying Chuck although the main characters slacker best friend Morgan can get annoying. My high hopes for Pushing Daisies have not been met and I may give up on watching it in the coming weeks.

There is a David Gray podcast up at The Times website, click here to go to the page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home